View all facilities

Union Congregational Church, United Church of Christ

  1. 1
  2. 2
Site Information
Union Congregational Church was established in 1875. The church was built in it’s currently location in 1881 at a cost of $54,000. This is the oldest church building that can still be seen today in Elk River.

A stained glass window showing the Angel of Life and Flanders Field, was installed in 1919 in memory of those serving in World War 1 from Elk River. In 1923, nine additional stained glassed windows were installed as a memorial featuring the names of the World War 1 veterans from Elk River. The names with a gold star next to it in the windows, indicates those who died during the war.