Learn To Skate Program
Learn to Skate 2020 - 2021
Welcome to our Learn to Skate Program!
Upcoming session dates will be posted soon.
As you can imagine, we have had to make a few modifications to our classes due to COVID. Please read through the guidelines and be sure you are registering your skater for the correct class as we cannot guarantee placement in another level if it is full.
- There will not be practice time – all classes are 30 minutes.
- Masks are required for all inside the arena (skaters, parents, and instructors) even on the ice during a lesson.
- Enter the arena no more than 10 minutes before class begins.
- Come dressed to skate with skates and guards on if possible. Chairs are available in the locker room hallways for putting on skates.
- Check in at the Learn to Skate table in the lobby.
- Drop off area will be set for each class.
- 1 parent / skater (parents must watch class from the bleachers and not from the ice level) Social distancing and masks are required in the bleachers.
- Skaters will be returned to the drop off area for parents to pick up.
- Leave the arena no more than 10 minutes after class completion.
- Be mindful of social distancing while on ice and when off ice in hallway, lobby and locker rooms.
- Please stay home if not feeling well.
- Class sizes are limited!
Brand New/Young Skaters
Due to the amount of hands on assistance new skaters need, we are handling our Snowplow Sam and Basic 1 classes a little differently than in the past.
Snowplow Sam (Ages 4-6): Participants will have a parent/family member with them
This will allow parents to work with their skater and a coach to help develop their skating ability. Parents will be hands on assisting skaters to stand up and move forward. (Please note all other Learn to Skate programs require skaters to be able to stand up by themselves excluding this program). Once the skater progresses to Snow Plow Sam 2, the parent may leave the class.
- Parent (or family member age 16+) must be able to skate on their own and assist their skater.
- Please note due to Covid restrictions Learn to Skate instructors are unable to provide hands on support to skaters.
Basic 1 & Hockey 1 (Ages 6+)
- Skaters MUST be able to STAND UP unassisted on the ice and march on their own to participate in lessons.
(No skater who is unable to stand up will be allowed to attend at this time).
- Please note due to COVID restrictions Learn to Skate instructors are unable to provide hands on support to skaters.