Parks and Recreation
The safety and well-being of children participating in our recreational activities is our number one priority. We are taking measures to ensure that our staff is equipped to keep our participants safe as it is our commitment to continue to provide quality, educational and fun experiences.
We’re excited to return to play in a responsible way, below is an outline of our new guidelines. We have modified our curriculum and operating procedures to best accommodate the practices endorsed by public health officials.
Our staff will:
- Avoid high-fives, fist bumps, and unnecessary physical contact
- Wear a face covering if the state or local jurisdiction requires or recommends doing so
- Use rings, spots, or orange cones as “home base” to keep children spread out when possible
- Be the only one to clean up and put away equipment, like cones and goals
- Remind children about the importance of keeping safe distances when practicing skills
Staff will sanitize all equipment before and after each session and will monitor their body temperatures daily. We will have smaller group sizes and/or larger field setups to allow for the distancing of participants and observers.
We request that families that observe sessions follow these guidelines for the health and safety of other families and our staff:
- Wash or sanitize hands before entering an activity
- Adhere to state and/or local jurisdiction regarding face-covering requirements
- Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others that do not live in your household
- Stay home when you are sick and keep your children home if they are sick
We will closely monitor all communication from the MDH and CDC, as well as local authorities, for safety updates. As we learn more, and if needed, we’ll adjust our operations accordingly. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for children to enjoy recreational activities, with friends, in a safe environment.
We appreciate your trust in us, as well as your patience and flexibility as we work through this situation as a strong, unified community.