Who Do I Call?

We know it can be overwhelming  and sometimes frustrating trying to find the right person or division to call when you encounter an issue. 

With eight departments and over thirty divisions overseeing hundreds of daily activities in the City of Elk River, we have developed this guide to assist with the help you need.

Please note, in the event of an emergency any time of day, dial 9-1-1.

Elk River Police

Non-Emergency: 763-635-1200

  • Report a lost or found pet

Public Works


  • Illegally dumped items on a city street (furniture, tires, trash, etc.)
  • Dead animal on a city street or city-owned property
  • Damage to mailbox/yard by a snowplow (must call within 24 hours of incident)

Elk River Municipal Utilities

763-441-2020 or after-hours 866-606-4660

  • Street light out
  • Water or gas leak
Phone Question

Sherburne County


  • Illegally dumped items on a county road (furniture, trash, tires, etc.)
  • Dead animal on county roadway 

Didn't find what you were looking for? These are just common questions that city staff frequently receive. 

Check out our full list of Elk River FAQs here.