Together Elk River
Together, Elk River’s Business Community Can Thrive
There’s a lot of uncertainty in our world and our community, but one thing is clear: small businesses in Elk River and surrounding communities need our support now more than ever.
Together Elk River is a community initiative to encourage, engage, and support local businesses, non-profits, and neighbors in need through challenging times.
We welcome the use and sharing of the Together Elk River logo. Please note, logo colors should not be modified or customized. Downloadable logo options can be found here. Please contact Sr. Communications Coordinator, Kaylin Clement for alternate formats or questions.
Together Elk River Spirit Week took place from August 23-29, with each day featuring a different theme and ways to support our local community, while having a bit of fun! Businesses, non-profits and community members are invited to keep the Spirit Week excitement alive, by showcasing their own initiatives and promotions according to the different daily themes previously established. Feel free to download the Monday-Friday daily theme frames here, and add your own photo! Remember to use #TogetherElkRiver and you may receive a share or shout out via one of the associated social media pages as part of this initiative.
Step 1 → Community
Lets show our love for the Elk River community and all the small businesses that make it so special. If you’re a resident:
- Sport the logo. Lawn signs, window clings and stickers are available for free at the Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce office (509 US 10) and both of the Elk River Liquor Stores, Northbound (19348 Evans St. NW) or Westbound (13484 185th Ave. NW) to get your Together Elk River decal while supplies last, and also look for this graphic and patronize those businesses.
In an effort to spread the message locally, we ask that lawn signs are displayed within the city outside homes and businesses.
- Get your little ones involved. Show your creativity by completing this coloring page and upload it to social media using #TogetherElkRiver to have it added to Elk River City Government’s Facebook album, or turn it in at the city’s weekly Elk River Farmers Market (Thursdays, 3:00-7:00 p.m., Downtown Elk River) for a $1 market cash coupon!
- Shop online or via phone. Many retailers have online shopping available; our local and independent shops will help you get what you need via phone, FaceTime, or other methods, if necessary.
- Go for gift cards. If you do not need anything specific at the time but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later in our various storefront businesses. You can also buy gift cards for many local restaurants to hold onto for later use or gift-giving.
- Take out and tip. For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- Spread the word on social media. #TogetherElkRiver, #TogetherElkRiverDines, #TogetherElkRiverShops, #TogetherElkRiverSupports, #TogetherElkRiverPlays, #TogetherElkRiverGrows, #TogetherElkRiverGives
Step 2 → Businesses
Businesses are being forced to adapt daily in the ever-changing economic environment we’re currently faced with. The Together Elk River campaign offers an additional platform for you to gain exposure and support. If you’re a business:
- Communicate with residents that you’re open! Tell us about specials, operational changes (hours, services, specials, etc.) using the Elk River Economic Development Business Directory online form. Once you’ve completed it for your Elk River business, it’ll be published on the city’s website, and we’ll be directed residents there who are looking to patronize local establishments as part of the Together Elk River initiative.
- Another resource for local business news and deals is through the Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce "Hot Deals" page linked here.
Together Elk River is a partnership between Elk River’s Economic Development Authority and the Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce.