- To Register
- Waiver & Release
- Refund Policy
- Residency Rate
- Data Privacy
- Photos & Video
- Inclement Weather
How To Register:
- On-line at ElkRiverMN.gov/register. First time users have to create an account with a username and password.
- Mail form to Elk River Parks and Recreation at 13065 Orono Parkway, Elk River, 55330. Payment must accompany the registration.
- Register in person at the Parks and Recreation office during business hours.
- Fax registration to 763-635-1155 or email to Recreation@ElkRiverMN.gov using a VISA or MasterCard.
- Dropbox located at the front entrance of City Hall. Payment must accompany the registration.
Cash, Check, VISA, MasterCard
Returned checks will be collected by Collection Resources and assessed a $30 service fee.
Fee assistance is available for Elk River residents. Please inquire with staff at 763-635-1150 before registering.
- Participants must be age listed prior to the start date. Children discovered not to be in an age-appropriate program will not be allowed to continue and no refunds will be issued.
- Spectators and non-registered participants are not allowed at any programs.
- All households with an email address listed receive automatic registration confirmation via email. Registration confirmations are not mailed out.
- We do not allow participant substitutes for any program.
Waiver and Release
By enrolling in a city of Elk River sponsored recreational activity, participants agree to adhere to the following:
- I wish to participate in a recreational activity sponsored by the city of Elk River, Minnesota (the “city”).
- My participation in the activity is voluntary. I acknowledge that participating in the activity carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. I know and am aware of all the dangers associated with my participation in the activity and with such knowledge assume any and all such risks while participating in the activity.
- To the best of my knowledge, I am physically fit and have no physical or medical conditions that would prevent me from participating in the activity. I acknowledge that the city recommends that prior to participating in the activity, I should first consult with my physician and abide by any limitations set by my physician.
- I understand and agree that neither the city, or any person acting on behalf of the city, may be held liable in any way for any event which occurs in connection with the activity that may result in harm, death, injury or other damage to me. This waiver of liability does not waive liability for any injuries that I obtain as the result of any willful, wanton or intentional misconduct by the city or any person acting on the behalf of the city.
- I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the city for any expense or liability the city may incur as a result of my conduct, actions or omissions while participating in the activity.
- It is my express intent that this Waiver and Release shall bind the members of my family if I am alive, and my heirs assigns and personal representatives if I am deceased.
- Refunds must be requested no later than two business days prior to the start of the program with the exception of Youth and Adult Leagues and Special Events.
- A $5 cancellation fee will be charged for all refund requests.
Parks and Recreation has instituted a resident rate for certain programs. Qualifying for the resident rate requires residing within Elk River, Minnesota city limits.
We are collecting data in order to enroll the participant in our programs. The data will be provided to the instructor(s), staff whose jobs require the data, and in some instances, other program participants. If this data is not provided, the participant may not be able to be enrolled in the program.
Photos and Video:
We take photos and video at programs we sponsor for promotional use. If you do not want yours or your child’s photo taken, please notify us in writing prior to the start of the program.
- If in doubt, call our hotline at 763-635-1160 or check our Facebook page.
- Some outdoor programs have an indoor facility in case of inclement weather.
- No refunds or credit slips will be given.